Seeking treatment for gum disease? Great news, we’re proud to be trained and certified on the premier laser treatment, the LANAP protocol. LANAP is a clinically proven laser treatment for gum disease. Ask us about it! https://www.frederickimplant.com/our_services/laser_dentistry/laser_treatment/
Laser-assisted treatment of gum disease
Laser-assisted treatment with the LANAP® technique is a less invasive alternative to traditional surgery. Compared to traditional gum surgery, our patients typically report less pain and discomfort during and after the procedure. LANAP is a very patient friendly treatment with no cutting or suturing. You can get healthy gums comfortably and without fear. LANAP can treat gum tissue around teeth as well as around dental implants, to help you restore your dental health and beautiful smile.
The LANAP protocol is a patented periodontal treatment, cleared by the FDA in 2004. The procedure can only be done with the PerioLase® MVP-7. The specific wavelength of the laser targets gum disease-causing bacteria, while leaving healthy gum tissue intact. The tiny laser fiber is inserted between the teeth and gum tissue to vaporize bacteria that lie deep within the pockets. Laser-assisted treatment can greatly reduce post-surgical recession and tooth sensitivity that is usually seen following traditional gum surgery.
Benefits of LANAP®:
- Less Discomfort– Patients report less discomfort during and after the procedure compared to traditional gum surgery treatment.
- More Rapid Healing– LANAP® is minimally invasive and allows faster healing. Most patients have no down time.
- Reduction in Gum Bleeding and Inflammation– The laser detoxifies the gums by targeting bacteria without injuring healthy tissue.
- Little to No Gum Recession–There is no cutting or suturing of the gums and therefore there is minimal gum shrinkage. This preserves your beautiful smile and reduces the chance of the teeth becoming sensitive to heat and cold.
- Safe for patients with Health Concerns – The LANAP® protocol is safe for patients with health concerns such as HIV, diabetes, hemophilia and for those taking blood thinners.
- Saves Teeth and Dental Implants– This technique has allowed patients to keep their natural teeth and dental implants when traditional treatments have failed.