Our state-of-the-art facility is equipped with the most advanced equipment available in the USA including the latest lasers, surgical devices and advanced 3D scanning equipment. We are committed to providing the most advanced treatment for your comfort and safety.
Laser Dentistry- LANAP® protocol:
Our doctors offer an FDA-cleared laser periodontitis treatment called the LANAP protocol, a less painful and more successful treatment alternative to traditional gum disease surgery. The LANAP protocol is the only scientifically proven laser treatment that results in true periodontal regeneration, growth of new bone and gum tissue reattachment. The specific laser we using during LANAP treatment can target the bacteria causing gum disease without damaging the surrounding healthy gum tissue. This allows the gums to heal without the need for scalpel or sutures. Dr. Towe and Dr. Shoff have completed the advanced training required to become certified in this technique.
Benefits of LANAP® treatment:
- Less Discomfort– Patients report less discomfort during and after the procedure compared to traditional gum surgery treatment.
- More Rapid Healing– the LANAP® protocol is minimally invasive and allows faster healing. Most patients have little or no down time.
- Reduction in Gum Bleeding and Inflammation– The laser detoxifies the gums by targeting bacteria without injuring healthy tissue.
- Little to No Gum Recession–There is no cutting or suturing of the gums and therefore there is minimal gum shrinkage. This preserves your beautiful smile and reduces the chance of the teeth becoming sensitive to heat and cold.
- Safe for patients with Health Concerns – The LANAP® protocol is safe for patients with health concerns such as HIV, diabetes, hemophilia and for those taking blood thinners.
- Saves Teeth and Dental Implants– This technique has allowed patients to keep their natural teeth and dental implants when traditional treatments have failed.
LANAP, or Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure, is a form of periodontal therapy used to treat periodontitis. Unlike traditional surgeries, which involve the removal of both diseased and healthy gum tissues, LANAP specifically targets infected areas of the gums – leaving healthy tissues behind. LANAP works using the Periolase® laser, which is FDA approved for periodontal treatment. This flexible laser emits energy at varying pulsating frequencies, effectively removing periodontal infections and facilitating the regeneration of the gums in areas where they have pulled away and recessed from the teeth.
Did you know…
That LANAP periodontal treatments have many advantages over traditional surgery? In addition to only targeting diseased tissues, LANAP features:
- Rapid recovery
- Minimal discomfort
- Decreased bleeding
- Infection removal
- Reduced inflammation
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I a candidate for LANAP?
Patients who benefit from LANAP have been diagnosed with a periodontal disease with pocket depths between 5 and 6 millimeters. You may also benefit from LANAP if you have advanced periodontal pockets that are inoperable or that have become infected against despite a previous periodontal treatment. For more information about LANAP and whether it is right for you, schedule a periodontal consultation with our office today.
What should I expect during LANAP treatment?
Patients undergoing LANAP are made comfortable using a local anesthetic. Your periodontist will use a laser to gently removed diseased gum tissues from the pockets surrounding your teeth. After the infection is eliminated, your teeth will be cleaned, and the laser will be used once more to help your gums form clots in the pockets.
What should I expect after undergoing LANAP?
Following your treatment, you should be able to return to work immediately. If you are like most patients, you’ll experience much less swelling and discomfort than you would with traditional flap surgery, and your gums will bleed less following the procedure. You will be given special instructions for keeping the treatment site clean and free of debris, and you may need to follow a special diet in the days following your procedure. Because the clots are sensitive in the first week following LANAP treatment, you’ll also need to avoid brushing your gum line for the first several days after your procedure.